Former mayor Stegner, former councilman Dufour hope to fill vacancy
Seven residents are seeking appointment to the Forest Lake City Council seat vacated last month by Jeff Klein.
The council will interview each candidate starting at 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 30, and make the appointment at a meeting starting at 6 p.m. the following evening, Oct. 1.
Those submitting a letter of interest are:
– Molly Bonnett, 1332 Bay Drive SE.
– Jim Dufour, 1531 SE Ninth Ave.
– Ed Eigner, 21221 Everton Ave. N.
– Mike Kuehn, 1020 SE 15th St.
– Kevin Miller, 6521 North Shore Trail.
– Stev Stegner, 22542 Hayward Ave. N.
– Richard Weber, 339 NW Seventh Ave.
Dufour served a term on the council from 2008-2012. He took third place in a four-way race for two seats on the council last fall.
Eigner ran in that same race and placed fourth. He is a current member of the Planning Commission.
Stegner is a former mayor of Forest Lake and a former member of the Economic Development Authority.
Kuehn ran for council in 2010 and is a volunteer member of the Forest Lake Fire Department.