Community

The Forest Lake FFA competitive landscape display took Reserve Grand Champion honors at the 2014 Minnesota State Fair. Students began constructing “A Grand Entry” the Friday before the fair and continued their efforts through Tuesday. This year brought a new challenge as the exhibit was moved outdoors near the CHS Miracle of Birth Center and [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Since it began in 1973, the Forest Lake Area Community Scholarship Foundation has raised more than $1 million to help local students pay college, vocational or trade school tuition. The annual Pat Cheyne Memorial Golf and Wine Tasting Event is a big part of that. Every September, supporters enjoy an afternoon of golf at the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

When a power line is down or natural gas is leaking, specially trained workers are needed. Xcel workers from five states get hands-on learning in a safe environment just 10 miles south of Forest Lake. The new $10 million training center on 10.5 acres in Hugo includes offices, classrooms and labs, plus indoor and outdoor [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Design ideas are being sought from area residents for a veterans memorial to be constructed as an addition to the Barton Johnson Memorial Park in Scandia. The 4.5 acre park is located between Gammelgarden Museum and the original Elim Church cemetery on County Road 3 (Olinda Trail N). Persons interested in the project are encouraged [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community presented “Walking in Dreams,” featuring works inspired by Wyoming artist Mary Freerks, on Thursday, Aug. 21. “I’ve been painting since I was a little kid,” Freerks said, “making a lot of messes, enjoying every minute. I paint dreams: places you go hide, sit and watch the moon rise.” [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Forest Lake AMERICAN LEGION POST 225, 355 W. Broadway Ave., hosts a senior dance on the third Friday of the month from 1 to 4 p.m. $4 includes lunch; drinks available. Call 651-464-2600. The FOREST LAKE SENIOR CENTER is located at 767 SW Fourth St. in Forest Lake. Membership fee is $15 per person. The [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow