Community

Photo by Ryan Howard District 38A Rep. Linda Runbeck spoke at a meeting of the Lakes Area Business Association at Vannelli’s By The Lake Aug. 13. Topics included her efforts to curb government spending programs like local government aid and to give citizens more opportunities to vote on local government decisions.

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The third annual Alissa M. Haines Stomp Out Suicide 5K Run/Walk for Awareness at Goodview Park in Wyoming will have an added attraction. Ken Barlow, KSTP meteorologist and mental health advocate, will be the keynote speaker. “When I came out publicly with my bipolar disorder, I did it because I was tired of hiding and [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The National Ground Water Association offers a short online lesson about nitrate in drinking water for households using well water. The lesson, available on the website www.WellOwner.org, was developed with support from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.  It takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete and includes a short pre-lesson and post-lesson quiz. Well owners [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Hay Lake School in Scandia was used from 1896 to 1963, but the historians who visited the museum for Hay Lake Day on Aug. 9 took visitors back even further. Mark Johnston of Historic Design Consulting in Vadnais Heights showed woodworking tools from the Civil War era, and Pat Thibado, buildings and grounds superindent for [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

With its annual Strut Your Stuff car show and tire burnout on Saturday, Aug. 16, Maranatha Assembly of God Church aims to draw a large crowd. The car show is open to all, the tire burnout contest appeals to the adventurous, and for the last few years, another motorized vehicle has joined the fun with [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Eichten’s Hidden Acres of Center City will become the home of Chisago County’s first community solar garden. Ed Eichten will retire 4 acres of his farm at 16440 Lake Boulevard (Highway 8) for the solar array. Local residents and business owners learned about the costs and benefits of becoming a partial owner, as well as [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow